Stylish look plus, I feel I have an added layer of protection from frigid winter air. Many thanks for this product.
Overall I'm very pleased with the vest
1. It looks nice and I like the snug fit, im 6'2" 175lb and I bought a large. zipping it up feels like putting on a super hero costume. it is snug but not uncomfortable. but some may want to go a size larger. but the snugness helps keep the heat close to your body.
2. The construction is good. the zipper feels secure, not worried about it breaking apart. the sides are made of a stretchy material that helps with the slim fit.
3. Both when the hood is attached and detached there is a little flap with velcro to hide the zipper. this was a pleasant surprise and makes it feel higher quality.
4. Machine washable
1. The buttons are located in a position where they are covered by a seat-belt which makes turning them on or off while driving more difficult.
2. the buttons are located in a position where they can be easily hit and change setting without you noticing.
Now for the actual vest. Amazingggg!!! much agreed with the One size up for sizing, remember you're wearing this over other clothing. Styling is very nice and comfort is perfect. Heating elements are front/ back and can be individually controlled on and off and variable temperatures. Real world testing: I have had vest now for a little over week and have used it on several hiking adventures already. My friends and I walk through Long Island parks during the fall into early spring so body temperature regulation is a MUST in the winter months. This Vest keeps your core warm which is essential. Very happy with the ease of use and how vest keeps your arms not restricted when you put on jacket over vest during extreme cold weather. Overall this product meets every criteria i was looking for and again.
Very pretty and comfortable. Sizes run very small had to return the medium and reorder the large. Still a little smaller than expected. Sizing given in metric system. May be my error in trying to convert. Vest works well. It is as described.
I am really liking this vest so far - had been contemplating buying one for a long time as I'm always cold. I like that the hood is removable, and like the multi-way customizable heat settings. The Small is a bit big for me (5'0", 95#) but based on the size chart, this brand is smaller/shorter than some of the others, so I got this one. If there were an XS that would probably be the optimal fit for me, but this is close enough. I do notice that I must bump the buttons quite often and it will turn on/off or the setting will change up/down. Having the lighted indicators is helpful to see that the setting has changed so I can change it back.
I love this vest! - Quality Material. I spend a lot of time outdoors and enjoy the freedom that a vest affords. After reading the online reviews about a snug fit, I ordered an XXL(normally wear a L) - I am 5'7" and weigh 185 lbs, and the XXL fits me perfectly. So far I've worn it over a long sleeved shirt, or a light jacket when outside temps are 25° - 35°. I haven't had to set the heat higher than medium so far and it keeps me warm! It is an excellent barrier to the wind. I would buy this vest again in a heartbeat! Just wish I'd had it 10 years ago when I was breaking ice to duck hunt. I would buy it again in a heart beat.
I have been wanting a heated vest like this one for SO LONG, and was so glad to receive mine just in time for the holidays.
Overall - I LOVE this product. Here's some details:
1. Style: I wasn't expecting this vest to be as nice looking as it is...but I loved it! The dark grey color is perfect and matches with almost everything I wear this season. The hood is removable which makes it easy to either use this as a jacket of sorts or use it as something more casual.
2. Fit: Many reviewers have mentioned that this product runs small...I personally had no issues with size, but I do have to agree. I'm 4'9 and barely 110 pounds, and the small fit me perfectly. Generally, a small is too big on me. So I can see how maybe someone who fits in the more "average" side of the small scale might want to size up. The good thing about it running on the small side is that it is not overly bulky - I had no problem wearing this overtop of a hoodie and under a jacket.
3. Heating: I am ALWAYS cold. I tested this little guy out on several outdoor adventures this winter - including seeing Christmas lights at the zoo while temperatures were about 20 degrees. It was cold - but I was not! This thing is perfect. You can choose to heat the front and back separately, and set them each to your desired level (high, medium, low). Medium is sufficient for a cold day if you give it time to heat up, but high is where I preferred to keep it at sub-freezing temperatures. Side note - the pockets end up getting heated as well, which is perfect for jamming some frozen little fingers in there.
4. Charging is easy, you just remove the battery pack and give it a charge. I recommend allowing it to charge 100% before going on a long outing - you don't want to run out of heat! Overall, this is a great product that I highly recommend!
I've been looking for a heated vest for a while now and I've decided to give the SnowWolf Heated Vest a try. I have been wearing the vest during my walks with my dogs for over a week now. I live in the Chicago area and had some chilly temperatures over the last couple weeks. The temperature last week was 14 deg F and this vest sure kept me warm.Here are some points to consider if you're looking for a heated vest:
1. Size and measurements
I wear MEDIUM, so I decided to get the medium size. Looking at the charts that are published, my actual measurements (yes, I used a tape measure) are right at the SMALL column. I usually wear medium, so I went for the medium size. The fit seems tight, but the vest stretches and still has enough room for a thick sweater. So, if you like a loose fit, order one size higher or even two.
The vest seems to be well made. The only thing I noticed was that there were excess threads that were not trimmed, so make sure you trim them. It wasn't a big deal to me to remove a star.
3 heating levels, LOW, MED, HI- Low setting, ideal for 40s, 50s temperature. Med setting, ideal for 30s, 40s. Hi setting, ideal for teens, twenties. I had to adjust from HI to MED after a few minutes of use. It could get pretty toasty on HI.
4. Hood- This is a bonus. If you live in a windy city like Chicago, the hood will definitely help you keep warm.
5. Style- I have gotten several compliments during my walks. “Great looking vest”, “nice vest”. The first thing people notice is the blinking LED indicator.
Overall, this vest has performed well under the conditions here in the Windy City. By the way, their customer service has been very responsive to my questions and inquiries.
This is quite the versatile vest. Worn over a long sleeve shirt, if it is not a windy day....this heated vest will keep you comfortable into the mid 30's. Worn as a base layer with a light coat, mid 20's, and with a heavier coat......teens and below. I often walk my dogs in the morning, and being in NC, temps can range from 20's to 40's usually in the winter. I like the fact that this vest allows for more mobility than a coat would and as long as your core stays warm, the arms do as well, though they are not covered by a coat. This vest hooked right to my portable power supply that I use when traveling for my phone and tablet. It conveniently hooks in a pocket so it is out of the way and easy to get in and out of the vest. The controls are intuitive and simple to use. The heating elements work quickly as well. You can feel the heat respond when you toggle through the controls. The vest itself is also a good length, catching some of the upper hips where a lot of heat lose can occur. The zipper is also very high quality and I was a bit surprised by it. It looks like a zipper found on a high end ski jacket or other water proof jacket. All in all very pleased with this purchase and would recommend to others.
So warm!! Bought a battery pack separate had it ready. It’s a little narrow through the hips for me; I have wide hips, but most men’s run slim... I got the large so it would work for both my hubby and I. It’s a little big for me up top but I can wear a sweatshirt under it comfortably and keeps me warm up to my neck! Loving it!
I haven’t received it yet
I've had this vest for a little over two weeks so far, and have been wearing it nearly every time I've gone outside to test it out. I'm located in the Northeast US, and it's currently just beginning to get cold at the start of winter. We've had a couple of minor snowstorms already, and I live in a moderately mountainous rural area.I'm pretty impressed with the quality of this vest. It's made well and is surprisingly warm even without the heater turned on. It's not bulky at all. It is definitely a "slim" or "athletic" fit, so you may want to go one size up. However, I think it's useful as a snug layer underneath a larger jacket, particularly if you're going to be standing out in the cold for a while. If you're moving around, it may get too hot, but then you can just turn off the heater. You might find the larger sizes a bit long -- it would probably be better if they had regular and tall versions of each size, because there would be more fit options for different people. I appreciate the removable hood, since I won't generally need the hood if I'm using this as a mid-layer heater under a larger jacket that will have a hood. The zippers are YKK and are nicely sized for the vest -- not too big and clunky, not too small and flimsy.The heat settings are subtle, and don't get too crazy hot even on the high setting. The manual says that low/med/high temps are approximately 104, 110, 116 degrees F. I measured with my little phone FLIR camera and got around 92-98, 101-108, and 105-112 depending on where I measured (the coil closest to the battery gets the warmest), but it's hardly scientifically accurate, and regardless, it feels nice and warm when out in the cold. The photo shows the hot spots using the FLIR camera, and the zoomed in image with temp reading is on the back panel. It heats up quickly, starting to feel warm in less than a minute, and definitely helps take the bite out of cold days. If I'm wearing a backpack, I only use the front heater. It's...
I bought this as a gift for an experienced female hunter. She loves it.
I purchased the Snowwolf heated vest because I have Reynaud's so the blood leaves my hands and feet quickly when the temperature drops.The vest is lightweight, comfortable and well made. I'm generally between a large and a medium and the large vest I ordered fits as though it's a medium. If I was looking to wear it as outerwear I'd want an XL and I never wear an XL so the large definitely runs small.I read about comment that said if you have a "gut", buy a size up. I agree with that, I don't have one and it's snug around my midsection.The vest warms well but I wish the heating element in the pocket had a little more coverage and was located on the bottom of the pocket instead of the top. That's why I took off one star. Still, it's much better than having nothing at all to warm my hands.Overall I'm a fan, especially because I plan to wear it under a coat so the slim fitting size is a plus, not a drawback. It also comes with all the accessories you need plus some (except a wall plug that most everybody has extra of anyway).
Why did I not find this before? I am loving this thing and will hence forth always have a heated vest or two in my wardrobe. The style is very nice and it seems well made and the slim fits is just the way I like it. I am 5'3", 150 lbs, full hour glass body type, with a small pooch and I bought a medium, however; if your body shape is similar and you are bigger than a 38C up top, you may want to move up a size. I prefer to wear regular blouses and shirts as opposed to thicker sweaters so I think the result will be that the heating elements are closer to my body. I have worn a sleeveless Tee under my shirt without feeling constricted so a small amount of layering will work still. I read one review that stated the hood was too big on theirs, fortunately I did not have that issue as the fit was good with no overhang. The drawstring is nicely done with small unobtrusive sliding cinch to hold your hood in place, compared to the push button spring loaded cinch you normally find on jackets. It is attached by a zipper and is easily removed for the times you don‘t want it. When you are using the hood, it would be a nice add on if it could be connected to the harness and the vest had an additional button so my head could be warm too without having to buy a separate heated cap maybe a future version??? I have yet to launder it to see how well it holds up but based on the quality I think it be just fine. I haven’t used it long enough to deplete the battery and see if it lasts as long as described, but I have used it as much as two hours straight on low and the battery during that time had not lost much of its charge. I think it is safe to say that it would last for a good portion of a day even being on constantly. Also, I do like that the battery sits back to the side so that you have full use of the pocket.