Overall I'm very pleased with the vest
1. It looks nice and I like the snug fit, im 6'2" 175lb and I bought a large. zipping it up feels like putting on a super hero costume. it is snug but not uncomfortable. but some may want to go a size larger. but the snugness helps keep the heat close to your body.
2. The construction is good. the zipper feels secure, not worried about it breaking apart. the sides are made of a stretchy material that helps with the slim fit.
3. Both when the hood is attached and detached there is a little flap with velcro to hide the zipper. this was a pleasant surprise and makes it feel higher quality.
4. Machine washable
1. The buttons are located in a position where they are covered by a seat-belt which makes turning them on or off while driving more difficult.
2. the buttons are located in a position where they can be easily hit and change setting without you noticing.
Now for the actual vest. Amazingggg!!! much agreed with the One size up for sizing, remember you're wearing this over other clothing. Styling is very nice and comfort is perfect. Heating elements are front/ back and can be individually controlled on and off and variable temperatures. Real world testing: I have had vest now for a little over week and have used it on several hiking adventures already. My friends and I walk through Long Island parks during the fall into early spring so body temperature regulation is a MUST in the winter months. This Vest keeps your core warm which is essential. Very happy with the ease of use and how vest keeps your arms not restricted when you put on jacket over vest during extreme cold weather. Overall this product meets every criteria i was looking for and again.
I am really liking this vest so far - had been contemplating buying one for a long time as I'm always cold. I like that the hood is removable, and like the multi-way customizable heat settings. The Small is a bit big for me (5'0", 95#) but based on the size chart, this brand is smaller/shorter than some of the others, so I got this one. If there were an XS that would probably be the optimal fit for me, but this is close enough. I do notice that I must bump the buttons quite often and it will turn on/off or the setting will change up/down. Having the lighted indicators is helpful to see that the setting has changed so I can change it back.
I love this vest! - Quality Material. I spend a lot of time outdoors and enjoy the freedom that a vest affords. After reading the online reviews about a snug fit, I ordered an XXL(normally wear a L) - I am 5'7" and weigh 185 lbs, and the XXL fits me perfectly. So far I've worn it over a long sleeved shirt, or a light jacket when outside temps are 25° - 35°. I haven't had to set the heat higher than medium so far and it keeps me warm! It is an excellent barrier to the wind. I would buy this vest again in a heartbeat! Just wish I'd had it 10 years ago when I was breaking ice to duck hunt. I would buy it again in a heart beat.
I love the materials(seems durable) and design of the vest. My favorite part of it, is being able to control the front and back separately, as well as the hood. I love hooded sweatshirts to help block the wind off my neck, and this allows me to wear just a thermal with the vest to get my warmth without the bulk of a hooded sweatshirt. I work at a barn with horses, and the Midwest winters are harsh. I love the heated vest to help keep down the bulk of all the layers.The biggest downfall of the vest is the sizing. It's not sized for typical outerwear. It's sized more like a woman's fitting Tshirt. It does run small.For me it was two sizes too small. Most of my outerwear is a large. The L fit like a small/med. I even tried the XL and finally the 2XL. That seems to do the trick.The company was great to work with. They are aware their sizing runs small, and they had great service to be sure I could get the other sizes I needed to try.I'd like to see this company get their sizing up to more standard US sizing, and then I'd have no complaints.